Shopping Center Sorya PLC. is currently operating 2 luxury shopping malls in Phnom Penh Capital including Shopping Center Sorya and Shopping Center Sovanna. Now we are seeking dynamic local candidates for the position of:
Head of Operation
In conjunction with the other management team, plans, directs and manages the operation and performance of the business division to ensure that they are in accordance with the company’s strategies, policies and procedures, and deliver optimum customers satisfactory and profitability of the company.
- Leadership Role
- Upholds, safeguards, and promotes company’s philosophy, including vision, mission and values to ensure that they are pertinent and practiced throughout the company;
- Provides leadership and ensures efficient and effective management of staff and resources under direct supervision;
- In consultation with HR department, implements effective succession planning, people management, development, recruitment, and assessment and retention strategies for the department.
- Policy Development
- In conjunction with the management team, plans and develops company policies & procedures and ensures that they are carried out and administered fairly and consistently;
- Reviews and advises management on the effectiveness of internal policies and procedures, and brings up ideas to change, improve and update as appropriate.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Works effectively with relevant departments to plan and develop company’s strategies, policies and procedures, and ensures that they are communicated and exercised in an efficient and effective way;
- Plans and develops the short and long-term strategic plans of the division in charge, and take corrective actions during implementation to ensure successful operations.
- Operation Functions
- Leasing and customer service:
- Directs the leasing of vacant spaces including stores and outlets, kiosks, promotional areas, advertising panels and so forth to ensure an optimum occupancy rate and revenue generated;
- Manages the overall operations of food court including hygiene, services, and food safety to ensure that standards of quality, health and safety are met;
- Controls the overall customer services of the mall by analyzing customer needs, developing customer care facilities, and handling customer complaints etc. to ensure customer satisfactory and standards of service excellence;
- Works closely with Marketing and relevant departments to carry out various marketing programs and activities for the purpose of maximizing the traffic and purchasing power in the mall.
- Manages and directs effectively and efficiently the maintenance team of the mall to deliver the efficient services to customers including mechanical & electrical, air-con & plumbing, masonry, escalator & lift, etc. and ensures the services provided are met to the customer’s needs;
- Ensures the adherence of all maintenance staff to the company policies and procedures and compliance with the health and safety legislation;
- Takes proper care on the company properties and equipment by carrying out scheduled maintenance and quality inspection to minimize technical malfunction and maximize its useful life.
- Public safety:
- Maintains a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures, supervising security guard forces, and carrying out regular trainings;
- Benchmarks with other organizations/authorities to utilize best practices and principles in the area of security and risk management, emergency issues, evacuation plan, and disaster recovery plan, etc;
- Manages self-inspections, compliance audits and security inspections by governmental authorities;
- Builds good relationship with governmental authorities to ensure a safe and secure environment both in the mall and surround the mall including theft and burglary, direction of traffic, accessibility to car parks and various entrances, and minimizing the possibility of accidents and traffic chaos.
- Manages the daily activities of the Housekeeping team including appropriate cleaning of all offices, parking, seating areas, washrooms, food court, advertising panels, and all public area in the mall;
- Plans, organizes and directs housekeeping team members to ensure the highest degree of guest satisfaction; conducts regular inspection and supervision;
- Ensures all Housekeeping personnel are familiar with the utilization of cleaning equipment and in-mall facilities for the purpose of work efficiency and assisting guests.
- Master Degree/Bachelor degree in Business Administration or other related field.
- Minimum 7 years experience in retail and/or related shopping center or other related field.
- Management and leadership skill;
- Excellent communication skill both written and verbal; excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style;
- Persuasion and conflict resolution skills;
- Strategic and analytical still;
- English Proficiency; Chinese is plus;
- Result-orientated self-starter and high energy; able to work independently but also a strong team player; dependable and organized.
Shopping Center Sorya PLC. offers an equal employment opportunity, a competitive remuneration and benefits including 13 month salary, discretionary performance bonus, meal allowance, medical care and attendance bonus as well as career development opportunities.
Interested candidates shall submit CV with current photograph (4 x 6 cm) and cover letter to HR Department at floor B8 of Shopping Center Sorya, located at Trasork Phaem Street, south of the Central Market (Phsar Thom Thmei) or email to [email protected].
Contact Number: 070 888 060